CMH Summer Schedule is in progress until Sun. Sep. 02, 2018
Please note that we will not have regular Bala Vihar Classes and Adult Satsangas until Sun. Sep. 02, 2018. Our classes will start from Sept. 9 – details will be available in upcoming emails.
However, there are other activities planned as outlined below.
1. Pujya Gurudeva’s Mahasamadhi Celebration – Fri. Aug. 03, 2018
August 3 is a very special and auspicious day for all of us. Pujya Gurudeva Swami Chinmayananda attained Mahasamadhi on August 3, 1993.
On Friday August 3, we will have Pratima Puja & Paduka Puja from 7:30 PM to mark this celebration. We urge all members to join us in this very special expression of our deep reverence for our beloved Gurudeva.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS FOR PUJA:
- Decorated plates with lamps/paduka (if you have)
- Prarthana Piyusa
- Yellow rice and/or flowers
- Ziploc bags (1- to take the flowers/rice 2- for trash)
Please use the Smrti door – courtyard entrance and plan to be seated by 7:15 PM.
Please click here for further details.
2. Bala Vihar Enrollment Confirmations for 2018-2019
Bala Vihar enrollment confirmations for the new Bala Vihar year starting September 9, 2018 have been emailed.
If you had missed filling out the re-enrollment form, you will need to re-register your children. Please make sure to register during Bala Vihar open registration on August 12 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM or on August 19 from 9:30 AM to 12 noon to ensure that your Bala Vihar registration is complete.
If you had filled out re-enrollment forms and have not received a confirmation, please email CMHRegistrations@chinmayahouston.org.
3. New Member Registration for Bala Vihar – Sun, Aug 12 & 19, 2018
Date: Aug. 12 & 19
Time: Aug. 12, 2:00PM – 5:00 PM & Aug. 19, 9:30 AM – 12:00 Noon
Place: Chinmaya Smrti Hall
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted in Chinmaya Smrti Hall by our Welcome team. Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both the sessions on the above two dates, except for 5th grade which is frozen for both the sessions.
- No Registrations will be done for Bala Vihar during September 2018.
- Many of our Bala Vihar classes are nearing capacity, if we reach maximum capacity during registration period, we may stop new registrations altogether for those grades in September.
Please share the above information with interested family and friends.
Use the entrance from the courtyard into Smrti Hall to meet with the Welcome team for new registration.
4. Remember to use AMAZONSMILE – CMH receives .5% of member purchases, as donation
As announced, please note, that CMH has now been registered with the AmazonSmile program. This means that every time a CMH member buys through AmazonSmile, at this link < http://smile.amazon.com/ch/76-0287512, CMH receives .5% of our member purchases towards donations.
For your convenience this link has now been provided on our CMH website http://www.chinmayahouston.org/
We encourage all members to save the above link in their “Favorites” and use this link for future purchases. This change does not cost members anything extra, but will most certainly help with CMH finances.
5. Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
|Monday to Friday
||9:00 AM – Noon
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
|Saturday and Sunday
||8:30 AM – 2:00 PM|
|5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.
|Everyday Arati||7:30 PM|
|Every Monday Rudrabhisekam||7:00 PM|
|Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam||7:00 PM|
|Every Saturday Sri Sivasahasranama Puja||9:00 AM|
|Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja||6:30 PM|
|Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja