Chinmaya Mission Houston - Announcement for Dec 19, 2021
Bala Vihar Online Classes
- Grades Pre-K to 12 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
- Language, Bhajana, Slokathon & Adult Chanting 11:20 AM to 12:30 PM
Please make sure students join their Zoom class using their first and last name as this is verified against the class roster while admitting them to class.
For Pre-K class, we require one parent to attend Bala Vihar with the child to help with Zoom.
Please note that only children who had previously enrolled in extra classes last year will be able to attend extra classes this year. No new children will be enrolled in any extra classes this year.
For members who have registered before Sept. 12, note that detailed instructions and zoom links for attending classes have been sent to parents on September 10. Use the same link every Sunday.
For newly registered members, you’ll get a onetime link in the confirmation email. Make sure you save and use it every Sunday.
CMH Bala Vihar, Language, Bhajana & Slokathon Student Resources
Please click here for the resources required for each class.
If your children are downloading the material themselves, please make sure you share the appropriate link(s) with them.
Parents / Students are expected to review the weekly folder on the Friday prior to the Sunday class. Download / Print as needed.
CMH ONLINE ADULT SATSANGA – 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
Please login 5 minutes early and be seated comfortably.
Please follow instructions below for the adult satsanga.
1) Click on the following link:
2) If prompted for meeting id, please enter 352-816-706.
3) When prompted for password, please enter: 931520.
4) Please provide your name and email id on the registration screen.
If you have trouble logging on, please email CMHIT@chinmayahouston.
The satsanga will be in webinar format. For the satsanga to be successful, we need everyone’s cooperation. Please read and follow the Zoom session etiquette given below.
- Please have only one device (computer, iPad, smart phone etc.) per household for the session.
- Everyone should be punctual; they should join five minutes before the start time and attend until the class ends.
- Satsanga is a place of learning and worship, so please dress appropriately as you do for regular CMH class.
- Sit in a clean, proper place (study or prayer room if possible) with minimum disturbances or distractions.
- Likewise, NO eating during class! Finish breakfast/snack before you join the class.
- Be active and refrain from multitasking while you are in the class. Do NOT walk around or engage in other side activities while you are in class.
- Treat these sessions with respect just like the regular onsite classes.
Gaurang Uncle will be teaching the Adult Satsanga starting Jan. 16, 2022
Pujya Gaurang Uncle will be taking the Adult Satsangas beginning January 16, 2022, at Chinmaya Smrti. The text will be Bhagavan Raman Maharshi’s Upadesa Saram.
CMH Closures for the Holidays
CMH will remain closed on December 26 and January 2 (winter break). More information on classes in the New Year will be conveyed in the coming weeks. However, there will be no Bala Vihar classes on Jan. 9, 2022.
Starting January 16, 2022, CMH will have a hybrid of Virtual and In Person Classes
An email with details has been sent out in this regard. The key points are as under:
- Adult satsanga & Bala Vihar classes for High Schoolers (Grades 9 to 12) will be held at the Mission.
- Bala Vihar classes for Pre-K to Grade 8 will continue to be held virtually on Zoom using the same Zoom links as today.
- All of the above classes will be from 9:45 AM to 11:15 AM
- Language, Bhajana, Slokathon, and Adult Chanting will continue over Zoom 11:20 AM – 12:30 PM.
- There will be no lunch program.
- Welcome Desk, Contribution Desk, and Bookstore will resume operations at the Mission.
- Library operations will not resume at this time.
- Face masks are required at all times.
- Only vaccinated individuals must come to the Mission. Uploaded vaccinated status in our system is a pre-requisite for the child to be on the attendance roster. So please upload it to the link sent to you if you haven’t already done so.
FAQ Link for CMH Reopening on Sunday January 16, 2022
Appended below is a link to all FAQs regarding re-opening:
Online Study Group on Vivekachoodamani – ongoing
Shri Kailash Dangayach, our old-time member has been leading this study group, the details of which are below:
Text: Talks on Sankara’s Vivekachoodamani by Swami Chinmayananda
When: Every Saturday, 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM
Where: Online via zoom – link will be shared with interested members
To Register: Please call or text Sri Kailashji at 832 353 6620 or email email@example.com
Textbooks can be ordered through the CMH bookstore; the details of which will be shared in the coming weeks.
Upanisad Daily App
Upanisad Daily was released on Thursday, October 28. Please download the app on App Store or Google Play, and enjoy Pujya Gurudev’s messages from Upanisads everyday!
CMH Bookstore link to purchase CM books
We thank all the members who have purchased and collected their books. Members who could not collect the books, are requested to send an email to cmhbookstore@
chinmayahouston.org to arrange your pickup.
New registered members, who could not purchase the books, can use the following link to purchase the books with a shipping option.
New Member Registration for Bala Vihar 2021-22
As per popular demand, we are happy to announce that we are extending our Bala Vihar registration till Dec. 31, 2021. We encourage you all to use this opportunity and register.
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted online at chinmayahouston.org.
- Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both sessions.
Some of our BV classes have reached capacity. Registrations close for the grades that reach maximum capacity. For further details please click here https://chinmayahouston.org/
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
Chinmaya Mission has received nearly $7,500 from Amazon, as a .5% contribution of CMH member purchases from Amazon, using the link below. We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to CMH.
Please click here for this link http://smile.amazon.com/
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here.
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
The schedule is as under:
|Monday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Tuesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Wednesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Thursday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Friday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Daksha Shah||For CMH members only|
|Saturday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/
480593874?pwd= NUZDTTB3azUzOFRoRGRVczZWc280QT 09
- If prompted for meeting id, please enter 480-593-874
- If prompted for password, please enter 013167
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
Sivalaya is open to public with Covid-19 related health safety restrictions. Regular scheduled Sevas will continue to be performed in the temple and also will be made available through zoom webinar. Please check your email for the webinar details or call Sivalaya.
Monday to Friday
Morning: 9:00 AM – Noon
Evening: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Morning: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sevas available through Zoom:
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja – 6:00 PM
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja – 5:30 PM
You can sponsor any scheduled Puja by calling the priest or online (www.saumyakasi.org) at least 30 mins before the start of the Puja.
Please call Sivalaya to schedule any special Sevas conducted for you in the temple or your home. You can also request for any Seva through zoom.
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.