Chinmaya Mission Houston maintains a library for its members. The library contains a fascinating collection of books on religion, art and culture. Videos are also available on Bhagavad Gita, Mandukya Upanisad and Bhagvatam.
The objective of the library is to promote awareness of our rich heritage amongst our children and inspire them to become exemplary citizens. Especially dear to children’s hearts are the “Amar Chitra Katha” publications, which are stories on Indian mythology and history in comic form. There is an equally good collection of books for teenagers and adults as well.
The library is located in the Amrut Balamandir building on the second floor.
The library is open on Sundays from 10:35 AM to 11:15 AM and from 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM.
- There is a one-time library membership fee of $5.00 per family.
- Books, videos and audio materials are available for checkout.
- A maximum of 4 books and 2 videos or audios may be checked out at one time.
- Books are issued for 2 weeks and videos and audios for 1 week at a time. Long weekends when Mission is closed will not be counted.
- Checked-out items need to be brought to the library for renewal.
- There is a late fee of $0.25 per book/audio and $ 1.00 per video for each week after the due date.
- Please take good care of the books, videos and audios as they are very difficult to replace.
- Lost books, videos and audios must be reported immediately, and the member will be charged for replacing the missing items.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following volunteers:
- Santosh Mulayath: email@example.com
- Krishna Veruva: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the Library Membership form below, print it and bring to the Library Desk after you have completed the registration requirements for your family at the Welcome Desk.
The form is in Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF), for which a reader application is freely available from Adobe Systems Inc. If you do not have Adobe Reader, please click on the icon below to download the reader.