Daylight saving time ends this Sunday. Turn your clocks back by an hour.
Satsanga Timings Sun. Nov. 06, 2022
8:35 AM – 10:15 AM Satsanga I for adults & Bala Vihar grades Pre-KG-12
10:30 AM – 11:15 AM Language classes, Bhajana/Orchestra/Slokathon and adult chanting
11:20 AM – 1:00 PM Satsanga II for adults & Bala Vihar grades Pre-KG-10
CMH Student Council is seeking new members.
We invite CMH Bala Vihar High School students to apply for Student Council. The Student Council supports Balavihar activities as needed, the CMH Seva team for Sivratri, gardening, and organizes youth events such as annual food drive and the annual lock-in.
We will be selecting up to 30 new members. Following is the selection process:
- CMH Bala Vihar High School Students to submit a one page essay on “Why I like Chinmaya Mission Houston? Activities I am involved in at CMH”. Please specify for how many years you have been attending the Mission. Sharing your seva and team-building ideas is encouraged.
- Please send the essay by email to CMHSTUDENTCOUNCIL@GMAIL.COM
- Deadline for submitting the essay is extended to November 9, 2022
- Selections will be informed to students by November 12, 2022.
- First meeting to be held on November 13th.
Chinmaya Mission Bala Vihar 2022-2023
Chinmaya Mission Bala Vihar is now accepting registrations for 2022-2023 calendar year for grades Pre-K through 12 (Pre-K child should have completed 4 years on or before Sep 11, 2022). Children will attend Bala Vihar in the same grade as their regular school grade.
- Virtual registration is available at chinmayahouston.org until Sep 5th.
- In-person registration will be available from Oct 2nd onwards.
- Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- With exceptions as noted, registration will be open for all grades for both sessions. Exceptions: 11th and 12th grades are offered in Session 1 only (8:35 – 10:15 AM); Grades 8 and 9 in Session 1 (8:35 – 10:15 AM) are closed for new registration.
Many of our Bala Vihar classes are nearing capacity, if we reach maximum capacity during the registration period, we may stop new registrations altogether for those grades.
Gita Chanting App
CMH recently released a new App called “Gita Chanting”. Please download the free App from either Apple Store or Google Play Store.
CMH Bookstore link to purchase CM books
We thank all the members who have purchased and collected their books. Members who could not collect the books, are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
to arrange your pickup.
New registered members, who could not purchase the books, can use the following link to purchase the books with a shipping option.
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
Please sign up at the Welcome Desk for the ongoing Yoga classes being held on zoom for CMH members.
The schedule is as under:
Day/ Time/ Instructor/ Comments
Monday / 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM / Daksha Shah / For CMH members only
Tuesday / 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM / Sneha Thakar / For CMH members only
Wednesday / 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM / Sneha Thakar / For CMH members only
Thursday / 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM / Padmaja Reddy / For CMH members only
Friday / 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM / Sneha Thakar / For CMH members only
Saturday / 6:30 AM – 7:30 AM / Padmaja Reddy / For CMH members only
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
Click on the following link:
Meeting Id: 867 6854 1709
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here
We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.