Chinmaya Mission Houston - Announcement for Oct 3, 2021
Bala Vihar Online Classes
- Grades Pre-K to 12 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
- Language, Bhajana, Slokathon & Adult Chanting 11:20 AM to 12:30 PM
Please make sure students join their Zoom class using their first and last name as this is verified against the class roster while admitting them to class.
For Pre-K class, we require one parent to attend Bala Vihar with the child to help with Zoom.
Please note that only children who had previously enrolled in extra classes last year will be able to attend extra classes this year. No new children will be enrolled in any extra classes this year.
Also, note that detailed instructions and zoom links for attending classes have been sent to parents on September 10. Use the same link every Sunday.
CMH Bala Vihar, Language, Bhajana & Slokathon Student Resources
Please click here for the resources required for each class.
If your children are downloading the material themselves, please make sure you share the appropriate link(s) with them.
Parents / Students are expected to review the weekly folder on the Friday prior to the Sunday class. Download / Print as needed.
CMH ONLINE ADULT SATSANGA – 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
Please login 5 minutes early and be seated comfortably.
Please follow instructions below for the adult satsanga.
1) Click on the following link:
2) If prompted for meeting id, please enter 352-816-706.
3) When prompted for password, please enter: 931520.
4) Please provide your name and email id on the registration screen.
If you have trouble logging on, please email CMHIT@chinmayahouston.
The satsanga will be in webinar format. For the satsanga to be successful, we need everyone’s cooperation. Please read and follow the Zoom session etiquette given below.
- Please have only one device (computer, iPad, smart phone etc.) per household for the session.
- Everyone should be punctual; they should join five minutes before the start time and attend until the class ends.
- Satsanga is a place of learning and worship, so please dress appropriately as you do for regular CMH class.
- Sit in a clean, proper place (study or prayer room if possible) with minimum disturbances or distractions.
- Likewise, NO eating during class! Finish breakfast/snack before you join the class.
- Be active and refrain from multitasking while you are in the class. Do NOT walk around or engage in other side activities while you are in class.
- Treat these sessions with respect just like the regular onsite classes.
We thank all the members who have purchased and collected their books. Members who could not collect the books, are requested to send an email to cmhbookstore@
chinmayahouston.org to arrange your pickup.
New registered members, who could not purchase the books, can use the following link to purchase the books with a shipping option.
New Member Registration for Bala Vihar 2021-22
As per popular demand, we are happy to announce that we are extending our Bala Vihar registration till Dec. 31, 2021. We encourage you all to use this opportunity and register.
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted online at chinmayahouston.org.
- Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both sessions.
Some of our BV classes have reached capacity. Registrations close for the grades that reach maximum capacity. For further details please click here https://chinmayahouston.org/
Annual Dipavali Puja – Sun. Nov. 07, 2021
All members are invited to our Annual Dipavali Puja and Gurudakshina which includes Ganesa Puja, Sri Laksmi Puja and Sri Visnusahasranama Puja.
We will start Puja at 10:00AM and our own Ganeshji will conduct and guide us. Please click here for further details.
This year we will have up to 70 families that can come and do puja in-person. The link for sign up for the in-person puja will be sent out next week. In the meantime, you can make up your mind so you are ready to sign up ASAP on receiving the link, as admission will be on a first come first serve basis.
Following restrictions must be noted by all in-person participants:
- In-person puja is only for fully vaccinated members.
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory.
- Children below 12 will not be allowed since they are unvaccinated.
- May request proof of vaccination.
All members that are unable to come in-person can connect via livestream link to watch & perform the puja from your homes. Please look for the zoom link in the weekly announcement closer to the event date.
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
Chinmaya Mission has received nearly $7,500 from Amazon, as a .5% contribution of CMH member purchases from Amazon, using the link below. We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to CMH.
Please click here for this link http://smile.amazon.com/
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here.
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
The schedule is as under:
|Monday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Tuesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Wednesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Thursday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Friday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Daksha Shah||For CMH members only|
|Saturday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/
480593874?pwd= NUZDTTB3azUzOFRoRGRVczZWc280QT 09
- If prompted for meeting id, please enter 480-593-874
- If prompted for password, please enter 013167
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
Sivalaya is open to public with Covid-19 related health safety restrictions. Regular scheduled Sevas will continue to be performed in the temple and also will be made available through zoom webinar. Please check your email for the webinar details or call Sivalaya.
Monday to Friday
Morning: 9:00 AM – Noon
Evening: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Morning: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sevas available through Zoom:
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja – 6:00 PM
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja – 5:30 PM
You can sponsor any scheduled Puja by calling the priest or online (www.saumyakasi.org) at least 30 mins before the start of the Puja.
Please call Sivalaya to schedule any special Sevas conducted for you in the temple or your home. You can also request for any Seva through zoom.
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.