Chinmaya Mission Houston - Announcement for Sept 12, 2021
New Bala Vihar Year & Adult Satsanga start from Sunday, Sep. 12, 2021
Online Bala Vihar Classes Resume on September 12, 2021
Bala Vihar classes will start on Sunday, September 12, 2021.
Bala Vihar parents – Links and instructions for online classes will be sent to you on September 9 or 10, 2021 for each of your Bala Vihar children. If you do not receive this email by September 10 (Check your spam/junk folder), please write to CMHRegistrations@
chinmayahouston.org no later than September 11, 2021.
Please note that we will not have orchestra classes until we resume in-person classes.
CMH ONLINE ADULT SATSANGA – 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
Please login 5 minutes early and be seated comfortably.
Please follow instructions below for the adult satsanga.
1) Click on the following link:
2) If prompted for meeting id, please enter 352-816-706.
3) When prompted for password, please enter: 931520.
4) Please provide your name and email id on the registration screen.
If you have trouble logging on, please email CMHIT@chinmayahouston.
The satsanga will be in webinar format. For the satsanga to be successful, we need everyone’s cooperation. Please read and follow the Zoom session etiquette given below.
- Please have only one device (computer, iPad, smart phone etc.) per household for the session.
- Everyone should be punctual; they should join five minutes before the start time and attend until the class ends.
- Satsanga is a place of learning and worship, so please dress appropriately as you do for regular CMH class.
- Sit in a clean, proper place (study or prayer room if possible) with minimum disturbances or distractions.
- Likewise, NO eating during class! Finish breakfast/snack before you join the class.
- Be active and refrain from multitasking while you are in the class. Do NOT walk around or engage in other side activities while you are in class.
- Treat these sessions with respect just like the regular onsite classes.
All classes will be starting virtually this year, but all adults and children need to have the requisite books as usual. See below for details:
- Prarthna Piyush – $7.00 (mandatory for newly registered members)
- My Prayer Book (mandatory for newly registered members; 1 per child) – $12.00
- The Holy Geeta (mandatory for Grades 10 & 11) – $15.00
- Self-Unfoldment (mandatory for Grade 12) – $12
- Slokathon Book & CD – $20
- Orchestra/Bhajan Book – $10
- Hindi (level 1 to Level 5) – $12 each
- Gujarati – $15
- Telugu (Level 1 to 5) – $15 each
Kindly click on one of the links below to purchase the required books. The cutoff date to order all the books is 10:00 pm on Friday, September 10, 2021, as we need time to arrange the distribution logistics.
Please note that the shipping facility is only for out-of-town families. All others should use the regular link for purchasing their books.
Pick up Details
- When: Monday, September 6, 2021 from 5 PM to 6 PM & Saturday, September 11, 2021 5 PM to 6 PM
- Where: Chinmaya Mission Houston, 10353 Synott Road Sugar Land, TX 77498 by the entrance on the right hand side immediately after the sliding gate
Please email cmhbookstore@
chinmayahouston.org if you have any questions.
New Member Registration for Bala Vihar 2021-22
As per popular demand, we are happy to announce that we are extending our Bala Vihar registration till Dec. 31, 2021. We encourage you all to use this opportunity and register.
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted online at chinmayahouston.org.
- Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both sessions.
Many of our Bala Vihar classes are nearing capacity, if we reach maximum capacity during the registration period, we may stop new registrations altogether for those grades.
CMH Gardening Team needs Volunteers – Call for help
The Chinmaya Mission Houston gardening team is really in need for more volunteers. We have professional services for mowing, edging, trimming, etc. The volunteers do planting, watering, weeding, etc. to keep the property clean and beautiful. They work every Saturday morning from 7:00 to 10:00 AM. This year’s hard freeze has caused tremendous damage to the plants, and a lot of extra help is needed. If you can help, please come to CMH and join them on any Saturday morning anytime between 7:00 and 10:00 AM even if it is for a little while.
Ganesa Caturthi – Thu. Sep 09, 2021
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya welcomes you with family and friends, to participate in the Puja, and receive the blessings of Lord Ganesa on the auspicious occasion of Ganesa Caturti on Thursday, September 09, 2021
Due to COVID 19 related restrictions, the temple can accommodate limited number of devotees. However, the puja will be broadcast via zoom also.
You can perform Ganesa Caturti Puja at home with your own Murti, following the instructions by priest Sriganeshji over zoom.
When you Sign Up for the puja (Seva: $21 per family) you will receive the Puja Samagri list via email. Register early to receive the list and prepare for the puja
Vinayaka Vrata Puja – 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/
91915141069 (Password : 815845)
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
Chinmaya Mission has received nearly $7,500 from Amazon, as a .5% contribution of CMH member purchases from Amazon, using the link below. We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to CMH.
Please click here for this link http://smile.amazon.com/
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here.
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
The schedule is as under:
|Monday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Tuesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Wednesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Thursday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Friday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Daksha Shah||For CMH members only|
|Saturday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/
480593874?pwd= NUZDTTB3azUzOFRoRGRVczZWc280QT 09
- If prompted for meeting id, please enter 480-593-874
- If prompted for password, please enter 013167
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
Sivalaya is open to public with Covid-19 related health safety restrictions. Regular scheduled Sevas will continue to be performed in the temple and also will be made available through zoom webinar. Please check your email for the webinar details or call Sivalaya.
Monday to Friday
Morning: 9:00 AM – Noon
Evening: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Morning: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sevas available through Zoom:
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja – 6:00 PM
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja – 5:30 PM
You can sponsor any scheduled Puja by calling the priest or online (www.saumyakasi.org) at least 30 mins before the start of the Puja.
Please call Sivalaya to schedule any special Sevas conducted for you in the temple or your home. You can also request for any Seva through zoom.
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.