1. Satsanga Timings – Sun, Aug 21, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM
During the month of August we will have Satsangas on Sundays for adults from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM. Topic for the month of August will be Meditation, the classes will be taught by Acarya Sri Gaurangbhai.
Please note there will be no Bala Vihar/Bhajana/Slokathon/Orchestra and Language classes during the month of August.
2. New Member Registration for Bala Vihar extended – Sun, Aug 28
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted in Chinmaya Smrti Hall by our Welcome team from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both the sessions on the above two dates.
- No Registrations will be done on the Bala Vihar Opening day in September (i.e. Sun. Sep. 11)
- Many of our Bala Vihar classes are nearing capacity, if we reach maximum capacity during registration period, we may stop new registrations altogether for those grades in September.
Please share the above information with interested family and friends.
Use entrance from courtyard into Smrti Hall to meet with Welcome team for new registration.
3. No satsanga on Labor Day weekend – Sun, Sep 04, 2016
There will be no Satsanga on Sunday Sep. 04 due to the long Holiday weekend.
4. Ganesa Caturti – Sun, Sep 04, 2016
5. New Bala Vihar Year & 2 Session Satsangas start – Sun, Sep 11, 2016
Our New Bala Vihar year and two sessions of classes will start from September 11, 2016. The timings will be as under:
|| 8:35 AM – 10:15 AM
||Satsanga I for adults & Bala Vihar grades PreK-12
|11:20 AM – 1:00 PM||Satsanga II for adults, CHYKs, Bala Vihar grades PreK-11|
- A special program has been planned for the first 30 minutes of the opening day.
- After the first 30 minutes, we will have regular satsanga and classes.
- All children from PreK to Grade 12 should come straight to Smrti.
- Please make sure that children do not carry any bags or books with them.
We encourage all adults and children to wear festive Indian clothes to herald the spirit of the Bala Vihar New Year.
Please plan to come early and try to be seated by 8:30 AM for the first session and 11:15 AM for the second session.
After the Bala Vihar classes Children in Grades Pre K – 3 must be picked up from their classroom by parents.
To view the Balamandira map please click here <insert link>
Bhajana, Slokathon, Orchestra and Language classes will start from Sun. Sep. 18
6. “On a Quest” movie on the life of Swami Chinmayananda, is now available at CMH Bookstore
We have limited copies of this eagerly awaited DVD.
7. Service Project for Youth at CORD, Sidhbari
Announcing CORD USA Winter Service Visits 2016!
Service Visit 1: CORD Thamaraipakkam, Tamil Nadu: Dec 18 – 30, 2016
Service Visit 2: CORD Deuladiha, Odisha: Dec 25, 2016- Jan 6, 2017
All of these service project visits have been very successful, considering the dramatic impact that it has had on the participants. This is also a great opportunity to earn volunteer hours for college applications.
This is a wonderful practical exercise to compliment all the years of Bala Vihar learning.
Interested members may click here for further details
To apply please click here
8. Remember to use AMAZONSMILE – CMH receives .5% of member purchases, as donation
As announced, please note, that CMH has now been registered with the AmazonSmile program. This means that every time a CMH member buys through AmazonSmile, CMH receives .5% of our member purchases as donation from Amazon. For your convenience this link has now been provided on our CMH website.
We encourage all members to save the above link in their “Favorites” and use this link for future purchases. This change does not cost members anything extra, but will most certainly help with CMH finances.
9. Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
|Monday to Friday
||9:00 AM – Noon
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
|Saturday and Sunday
||8:30 AM – 2:00 PM|
|5:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace through out the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.
|Everyday Arati||7:30 PM|
|Every Monday Rudrabhisekam||7:00 PM|
|Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam||7:00 PM|
|Every Saturday Sri Sivasahasranama Puja||9:00 AM|
|Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja||6:30 PM|
|Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja||6:30 PM|