Chinmaya Mission Houston - Announcement for Jan 9, 2022
CMH Closures for the Holidays
CMH Bala Vihar will remain closed on January 9 for the winter break.
CMH ONLINE ADULT SATSANGA – 9:50 AM to 11:15 AM
Please login 5 minutes early and be seated comfortably.
Please follow instructions below for the adult satsanga.
1) Click on the following link:
2) If prompted for meeting id, please enter 352-816-706.
3) When prompted for password, please enter: 931520.
4) Please provide your name and email id on the registration screen.
If you have trouble logging on, please email CMHIT@chinmayahouston.
The satsanga will be in webinar format. For the satsanga to be successful, we need everyone’s cooperation. Please read and follow the Zoom session etiquette given below.
- Please have only one device (computer, iPad, smart phone etc.) per household for the session.
- Everyone should be punctual; they should join five minutes before the start time and attend until the class ends.
- Satsanga is a place of learning and worship, so please dress appropriately as you do for regular CMH class.
- Sit in a clean, proper place (study or prayer room if possible) with minimum disturbances or distractions.
- Likewise, NO eating during class! Finish breakfast/snack before you join the class.
- Be active and refrain from multitasking while you are in the class. Do NOT walk around or engage in other side activities while you are in class.
- Treat these sessions with respect just like the regular onsite classes.
Fast-moving Omicron is being monitored regarding CMH Opening Plans
CMH management continues to examine the current pandemic situation in light of the planned January 16 opening. We want to update you on the changes to our previously announced plans. The summary below outlines our current thinking.
- Bala Vihar Pre-K through Grade 11 will continue with virtual classes for the entire academic year (through May 2022). We will not have in-person classes this academic year for these grades.
- Grade 12 class will be held at the Mission. However, the final decision will be communicated by January 10.
- Adult satsanga will be held at the Mission but will also be streamed online to provide our members the flexibility to attend in-person or virtually. The final decision will also be communicated by January 10.
Gaurang Uncle will be teaching the Adult Satsanga starting Jan. 16, 2022
Pujya Gaurang Uncle will be taking the Adult Satsangas beginning January 16, 2022, at Chinmaya Smrti. The text will be Bhagavan Raman Maharshi’s Upadesa Saram.
Bhagavad Gita in Gujarati – Every Thursday, 9 – 10:15 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) / 9:30 – 10:45 AM CST
Acarya Gaurang Nanavaty conducts online Bhagavad Gita pravacanas in Gujarati every Thursday from 9:00 to 10:15 PM IST (9:30am to 10:45am CST). Note that pravacana time is fixed based on Indian Standard Time regardless of the time change in USA.
Below is the Zoom meeting information for these classes which you can share with interested friends and family.
Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/98697200845
Meeting Id: 98697200845
For any inquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Study Group on Vivekachoodamani – ongoing
Shri Kailash Dangayach, our old-time member has been leading this study group, the details of which are below:
Text: Talks on Sankara’s Vivekachoodamani by Swami Chinmayananda
When: Every Saturday, 9:45 AM – 11:15 AM
Where: Online via zoom – link will be shared with interested members
To Register: Please call or text Sri Kailashji at 832 353 6620 or email email@example.com
Textbooks can be ordered through the CMH bookstore; the details of which will be shared in the coming weeks.
Upanisad Daily App
Upanisad Daily was released on Thursday, October 28. Please download the app on App Store or Google Play, and enjoy Pujya Gurudev’s messages from Upanisads everyday!
CMH Bookstore link to purchase CM books
We thank all the members who have purchased and collected their books. Members who could not collect the books, are requested to send an email to cmhbookstore@
chinmayahouston.org to arrange your pickup.
New registered members, who could not purchase the books, can use the following link to purchase the books with a shipping option.
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
Chinmaya Mission has received nearly $7,500 from Amazon, as a .5% contribution of CMH member purchases from Amazon, using the link below. We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to CMH.
Please click here for this link http://smile.amazon.com/
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here.
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
The schedule is as under:
|Monday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Tuesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Wednesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Thursday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Friday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Daksha Shah||For CMH members only|
|Saturday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/
480593874?pwd= NUZDTTB3azUzOFRoRGRVczZWc280QT 09
- If prompted for meeting id, please enter 480-593-874
- If prompted for password, please enter 013167
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
Sivalaya is open to public with Covid-19 related health safety restrictions. Regular scheduled Sevas will continue to be performed in the temple and also will be made available through zoom webinar. Please check your email for the webinar details or call Sivalaya.
Monday to Friday
Morning: 9:00 AM – Noon
Evening: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Morning: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sevas available through Zoom:
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja – 6:00 PM
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja – 5:30 PM
You can sponsor any scheduled Puja by calling the priest or online (www.saumyakasi.org) at least 30 mins before the start of the Puja.
Please call Sivalaya to schedule any special Sevas conducted for you in the temple or your home. You can also request for any Seva through zoom.
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.