Daylight Saving Ends on Sunday Nov. 07
Please note Daylight Saving Time ends at 2:00 AM on Sunday, Nov. 07. You need to turn your clocks back by an hour.
Annual Dipavali Puja – Sunday, Nov. 07, 2021
The CMH family is excitedly looking forward to this year’s Annual Dipavali Puja and Gurudaksina. More so, since we have some 70 families join the celebration in-person, at Chinmaya Smrti.
All members are invited to our Annual Dipavali Puja and Gurudaksina which includes Ganesa Puja, Sri Laksmi Puja and Sri Visnusahasranama Puja.
We will start Puja at 10:00AM
and our own Ganeshji will conduct and guide us. For details, please click here.
Following restrictions must be noted by all in-person participants:
- In-person puja is only for fully vaccinated members
- Wearing a mask will be mandatory
- Children below 12 will not be allowed since they are unvaccinated
- May request proof of vaccination
Please follow instructions below for the virtual Dipavali Puja.
1) Click on the following link:
2) If prompted for meeting id, please enter 352-816-706.
3) When prompted for password, please enter: 931520.
4) Please provide your name and email id on the registration screen.
We encourage one and all to dress in our festive best in the spirit of Dipavali, and come join the celebration with a big Chinmaya Smile 😊
We request you to submit your Gurudaksina online ASAP so our gift distribution team can plan distribution efficiently.
Please note there will be no Bala Vihar and Language/Bhajan classes and Adult Satsanga on Nov. 07.
Gurudaksina Pledge Forms
Upanisad Daily App
Upanisad Daily was released on Thursday, October 28. Please download the app on App Store or Google Play, and enjoy Pujya Gurudev’s messages from Upanisads everyday.
New Balavihar Teacher Enrollment
Chinmaya Bala Vihar team is looking for new teachers to join their team. Prerequisite is that you are a member of Chinmaya Mission Houston for a minimum of three years. If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Alternatively, you can also meet Manasa Kethireddipalli on Nov 7th after Dipavali puja in Smrti foyer to express interest and ask questions, if any.
Chinmaya Mission Houston Virtual Bala Vihar Open House on Sun. Nov. 14, 2021
Please mark your calendars to attend Chinmaya Mission Houston Virtual Bala Vihar Open House on Nov 14, Sunday from 10-11:15 AM
Bala Vihar Open House provides a perfect opportunity for all parents to:
- Meet with their children’s Bala Vihar teachers
- Get to know the current year’s curriculum of their children
- Get to know other children and their families in their child’s grade
- Understand Bala Vihar rules, key resources and how parents can support the teachers to make the learning experience a success for the children
- Get involved with Bala Vihar activities as a room parent, where applicable, this year
Please note the following additional important information regarding BV Open House:
- We will not be having Adult Satsanga on Nov 14. Instead, all parents are requested to join their child’s Bala Vihar class using their respective Grade/Session Zoom links.
- Please join along with your child using your child’s name.
- If you have more than one child, parents may choose to split their time between multiple classes
We thank all the members who have purchased and collected their books. Members who could not collect the books, are requested to send an email to email@example.com
to arrange your pickup.
New registered members, who could not purchase the books, can use the following link to purchase the books with a shipping option.
New Member Registration for Bala Vihar 2021-22
As per popular demand, we are happy to announce that we are extending our Bala Vihar registration till Dec. 31, 2021. We encourage you all to use this opportunity and register.
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted online at chinmayahouston.org.
- Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both sessions.
Making a difference by shopping at smile.amazon.com
Chinmaya Mission has received nearly $7,500 from Amazon, as a .5% contribution of CMH member purchases from Amazon, using the link below. We encourage you all to participate in this endeavour to bring additional revenue to CMH, just by being mindful in using the right link.
When you shop at smile.amazon.com
, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as amazon.com
, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate .5% of your purchase price to CMH.
AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate here
Online Yoga classes for CMH Members
The schedule is as under:
|Monday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Tuesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Wednesday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Thursday||6:00 AM – 7:00 AM||Sneha Thakar||For CMH members only|
|Friday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Daksha Shah||For CMH members only|
|Saturday||6:30 AM – 7:30 AM||Padmaja Reddy||For CMH members only|
|Sunday|| || ||Class Cancelled|
Please follow the instructions below for the yoga session:
- Click on the following link: https://zoom.us/j/480593874?pwd=NUZDTTB3azUzOFRoRGRVczZWc280QT09
- If prompted for meeting id, please enter 480-593-874
- If prompted for password, please enter 013167
Note: The link is for your family. Please do not forward it.
Yoga provides great benefits, but only you know your own body and limits. Like any exercise, please consult your health care professional with any questions or concerns before starting any exercise program.
Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
Sivalaya is open to public with Covid-19 related health safety restrictions. Regular scheduled Sevas will continue to be performed in the temple and also will be made available through zoom webinar. Please check your email for the webinar details or call Sivalaya.
Monday to Friday
Morning: 9:00 AM – Noon
Evening: 5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday
Morning: 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM
Evening: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sevas available through Zoom:
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam – 6:00 PM
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja – 6:00 PM
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja – 5:30 PM
You can sponsor any scheduled Puja by calling the priest or online (www.saumyakasi.org) at least 30 mins before the start of the Puja.
Please call Sivalaya to schedule any special Sevas conducted for you in the temple or your home. You can also request for any Seva through zoom.
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form