1. CMH Summer Schedule May 26 thru Sep. 07, 2019
Our Summer Schedule is now in progress. During the summer months we have other activities planned including Jnana Yajnas, details of which are outlined in the items below. The next academic year and regular adult Satsanga will start on Sunday, Sep.8, 2019.
2. Lecture by Dr. Jagannath Dixit at CMH Tue. Jul. 16, 2019
Weight Loss and Diabetes Prevention
The above lecture is being organized by Chinmaya Mission Houston member – Sunita Tarkunde. We believe it will be an informational session and could benefit our members, and therefore encourage you to attend. Event details are as below:
Date: Tue. Jul. 16, 2019
Time: 7:30 PM to 9:00 PM
At: Chinmaya Mission Houston
For detailed information please click here
3. Gurudeva’s Mahasamadhi Day at CMH Sat. Aug. 03, 2019
We will have Pratima Puja in the morning at 9:30 AM to commemorate this significant day. See the attached flyer for more details.
4. New Member Registration for Bala Vihar Sun. Aug. 04 & 11, 2019
Date: Sundays, Aug. 04 & 11
Time: 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon
Place: Chinmaya Smrti Hall
- Bala Vihar New Registration will be conducted in Chinmaya Smrti Hall by our Welcome team. Detailed information will be provided at the time of registration.
- Registration will be open for all grades for both the sessions on the above two dates.
- No Registrations will be done for Bala Vihar during September 2019.
- Many of our Bala Vihar classes are nearing capacity, if we reach maximum capacity during registration period, we may stop new registrations altogether for those grades in September.
Please share the above information with interested family and friends.
Use the entrance from the courtyard into Smrti Hall to meet with the Welcome team for new registration.
5. Jnana Yajna at CMH by Swami Ramakrishnananda – Aug. 18 – 23, 2019
We are happy to announce that this year, Swami Ramakrishnananda ji will be conducting the Jnana Yajna at Chinmaya Mission Houston. Swamiji has a unique and jovial style of communicating with his audience, which makes his discourses very entertaining and enlightening, be it Vedanta, Gita, Bhagavatam, Ramayana or even a course in Easy Sanskrit.
The schedule for the pravacanas will be as below:
- Aug. 18 – Aug. 23 Krishna – The CEO
Time: 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
(episodes from Bhagavatam and Mahabharatam)
- Aug. 19 – Aug. 23 Brahma Sutra Adhyasa Bhasyam
Time: 7:00AM –8:30 AM
(Theory of Superimposition)
Please mark your calendars and plan to attend this special Jnana Yajna in the Summer of 2019.
6. Mahatma Gandhi Library City Wide Contests – Bala Vihar Participation opportunity
Here is an opportunity for our Bala Vihar children to engage in, during the summer. Several contests are being organized including Essay, Speech, iTribute, Coloring and Poster. The submission deadlines are around Sep. 22, 2019.
There is something for every age group. We encourage our children to participate and enrich themselves with this experience.
7. Remember to use AMAZONSMILE – CMH receives .5% of member purchases, as donation
As announced, please note, that CMH has now been registered with the AmazonSmile program. This means that every time a CMH member buys through AmazonSmile, at this link < http://smile.amazon.com/ch/76-0287512, CMH receives .5% of our member purchases towards donations.
For your convenience this link has now been provided on our CMH website https://www.chinmayahouston.org/
We encourage all members to save the above link in their “Favorites” and use this link for future purchases. This change does not cost members anything extra, but will most certainly help with CMH finances.
8. Sri Saumyakasi Sivalaya
|Monday to Friday
||9:00 AM – Noon
5:30 PM – 8:00 PM
|Saturday and Sunday
||8:30 AM – 2:00 PM|
|5:00 PM – 8:00 PM|
Annual Sponsorship of Pujas at Saumyakasi Sivalaya
To seek the Lord’s grace throughout the year and/or on special occasions like Birthdays and Anniversaries, and to have the priest perform Arcana and Arati on your behalf in the temple, please fill out the annual sponsorship form.
Every Monday Rudrabhisekam
Every Pradosa day Rudrabhisekam
Every Saturday Sri Sivasahasranama Puja
Every Caturthi day Ganesa Puja
Every Purnima day Sri Satyanarayana Puja
7. CM Worldwide Announcements – non CMH specific
- A. Guru Poornima Message
In an impactful message for Guru Poornima, Pujya Gurudeva exalts the institution of the Guru and Swami Swaroopananda directs us to bow in humility and devotion to the Guru, the infinite Self within.
In a video clip, Swami Swaroopananda shares a poignant story narrated by Pujya Gurudeva, extolling the glory of the Guru.
The video can be downloaded from: https://youtu.be/CAjYyZ_MFiY
- B. CIF (Adi Sankara Nilayam) – Newsletter July 2019
For details please click here